Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sometimes I just have to play!  What better way to play and relax than by doodling?  I love to create my own fabrics and papers for some of my crafting and thought you might draw a little inspiration from this post!  Alisa Burke is great with doodles and you should check out her blog ...
alisaburke.blogspot.com.

You should try this very relaxing project and let your creative juices flow!

I decided that I would take a plain piece of muslin and doodle on it making my own fabric. Here’s how this project progressed.



Plain white muslin. . .I do not use PFD (prepared for dyeing) fabric or even prewash the fabric for my doodles. Bet I will hear from someone on that one!

I start with a lot of different size circles and then fill them in with flowers or zentangles or whatever I feel like doing in the moment. Add dots wherever I want to fill a space and not too much thinking or planning, just playing!














Finished!




You might also try doodling on paper and seeing what you can do with it. I decided to cut out a specific section on one of my doodlings and framed it. This is how it turned out . . .




Thank goodness I had this simple craft to turn to. It has really kept me a little more sane and balanced!



"Dance to the music of your dreams; the steps

will bring you joy."

-Anonymous



HAVE FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment